Flexible, RFC 1413 compliant ident daemon with NAT support.
oidentd is a configurable, RFC 1413 compliant Ident server. It runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, and DragonFly BSD.
The Ident Protocol is used primarily on IRC to detect and prevent abuse and to identify users connecting through shared networks.
- oidentd is highly configurable, but configuration is optional and sensible defaults are provided.
- oidentd provides system administrators with a granular, capability-based access control system.
- Conditional replies enable users to send replies based on connection information, such as ports and IP addresses.
- oidentd is capable of sending hidden, randomized, and spoofed replies.
- oidentd can optionally handle requests for NAT connections and is capable of forwarding requests to other Ident servers.
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported.
- oidentd is free software licensed under the GNU GPLv2.